Impromptu Vacation

My apologies for slacking so much with the ol’ blog here. We decided sort of last minute to head to the Jersey shore (my folks have a house near Long Beach Island). We were supposed to return to Brooklyn yesterday, but have decided to prolong our stay for another couple of days. I promise to have updates (including pictures!) when we return to Brooklyn.

Also, I did actually have a pretty awesome recipe ready for this week’s Mom It Down but didn’t get around to posting it in time, so I’ve decided to do it the right way next Monday. It’s a bit different from all the rest as it includes passing on up to four starter doughs. That said, is anyone interested in receiving some starter dough from next week’s Mom It Down? Let me know in the comments section here or email me at michele at mihow dot com.

I’ll be back with updates in no time!

1. Amish Friendship Bread?

2. Yeah! Is this going to be one of those things that everyone has heard of but me? hehe

3. i may be interested… details?

i’ve been baking a lot with biga and poolish lately.

4. I love Amish Friendship Bread! Sadly, I bet that getting starter to Minneapolis might be a problem though… Darn!

5. Chele: It *could* be done, but it may be risky. A risk you’re willing to take? That’s the question!

Jonathan: it’s a sweet bread with a hundred and one variations. Up to you.

6. is it more like a “sweet bread” or a “cake” ?

i’m not a fan of sweet breads (the baked or meat kinds), but I do like cake.

btw, your biscuits are delicious when made with buttermilk!

7. Ooh, I’d LOVE some Amish Friendship bread if it’s not all spoken for already. I don’t think it’s risky to mail, since it’s something that sits out for a long time anyway.

8. Don’t know if I’m too late, but I would love some starter dough. I’ll totally pass it on, too.

9. I don’t think I want to risk exploding starter… LOL… but if you want to pass the starter recipe on, that would be great!