Making Boys Gay.

Stories For My Son: Scene Two.

(Side note: I realized today that I have a lisp. I am not sure if it’s due to my excessive hearing loss or all the orthodontic work I had done as a kid. But it’s there, clear as day.)

1. that was fantastic.
    What would your superhero name be?

2. First of all, I need to tell you that your hair looks fantastic in this video. Next, your son is going to love these.

3. That’s great! I’m pretty sure I know the Vince of whom you speak (maybe). Did you ever go to the Bakery? I worked there. Emory will love these videos!

4. I can’t decide which I like better, the “Tuesdays With Murray”, or “Stories For My Son”

Awesome!

5. Maureen: up until this very moment, I completely forgot about the Bakery. Where was it again? Yes, I have been there. Many times. Or are you talking about the Diner’s bakery? Do I know you, Maureen?

Also, yes, Vince also worked at the diner along with my brother, Rob and me. He grew up to be as awesome and fun as ever.

6. you don’t have a lisp! that is the silliest thing I’ve ever heard…

7. Go back and listen to your other video – no lisp. I think maybe the camera mike was pointed weird.

Ditto the hair comment.

Although . . . seems to me if Emory grows up to hold boys down and kiss them, seeing as he is a boy, he may turn them straight. Stands to reason. You know. Just sayin’.

8. I don’t think we’ve ever met, but I’ll e-mail you. I’m from State College, and if we worked on College Ave., we’re bound to at least know people in common!

9. Didn’t think about them becoming straight. I figured the fact that Emory is a boy and if he is indeed holding boys down and kissing them then my moral becomes even more sound. I figured this was foolproof — this awesome moral.

I speak my S’s funny, folks. That’s all there is to it.

10. I love these.

Also love the shirt.

:-)

11. I LOVE THESE MIHOW! Seriously, you are changing my view about Flickr video.

Sure I’d still love them if they were via YouTube, but that’s OK! :)

12. you are too funny! thanks for sharing.

13. The lisp may actually come and go. I notice that I have one every once in a while, I grow self-conscious, modify my speech, it goes away, and comes back later. I think it might come from my teeth shifting slightly?

14. what lisp? i dont hear any lisp. when im nervous, my mouth waters. making it very difficult to speak. probably best.
    and i love this idea (the video chronicles)
    vince got off lucky. at least you only held him down.
    my little cousin would punch boys if they wouldnt kiss her.
    new york city represent!

15. I really like these videos. It gives a whole new voice to the written part of your blog. You’re very funny.

16. you don’t really have a lisp. i was teasing.

that boy was probably gay because god wanted him to be.

17. I love a good lisp. My first love had a lisp. My husband (who is good friends with the ex now) always teases me about my lisp-love. I sometimes get one too – just slight soft s. I think I just have confused accent syndrome (born in Wyoming, moved to Washington at 9, lived in the UK for four years and now living in Ireland – my mouth doesn’t know how to form words!).

I love the story as well – reminded me of my first boyfriend (at 5). My parents tease me that I turned him gay. Apparently, his parents also blame me. And unfortunately, they are the type of people who ACTUALLY believe a person is turned ‘gay’.

18. I’m loving these stories! I think its partly due to my obsession over How I met your mother! and the idea that I might one day do something like this for my child…

Oh, and you do whistle your s’s a little… i’ve noticed I do this sometimes now that I had a tooth extracted recently. Its endearing!