Sex Seen

I have often wondered about something during sex scenes in movies. When movie and TV people have sex and reach climax, they usually just roll over and are done with it. Just like that, finished, like nothing ever took place. There is no visiting the bathroom. There are no washcloths, the sipping of water, the changing of sheets, drippy stuff, sweat. These people don’t even get up to use the bathroom at all. The ladies don’t even pee. (Yeast infections, ladies! Yeast infections!)

Am I missing something? Even during x-rated episodes of Queer as Folk where the gay men finish up their business, they merely roll over and go to sleep or put their pants on and leave the house.

When people die or come close to dying I am told that they usually piss themselves. I remember being extremely impressed with the scene in Grand Canyon when Steve Martin’s character is hit by a bullet. When he falls to the ground his pants are covered in his own urine.

Wouldn’t it be nice to see art imitate the real deal, sloppy or not, let that stuff shine. It’s beautiful. (No pun intended.)

Edited to Add: Judging by the email/AIM messages I have received, I am thinking this post was totally misinterpreted. Damn you, people. Damn you all.

Edited to Add: Wow, I do sound prudish. This just goes to show how ones intentions were SO not met via the words. Clearly, I’m spending too much time listening to talk radio and not enough time communicating. I am not a prude nor do I have jock itch.

Charlie, I will cut you.

1. I know lots of folks who act just like the movies in this respect.

So I hear, anyway.

2. Sleeping in a wet spot ain’t pleasant. Those people are weird.

3. Wow, this makes me sound prudish. Quite the opposite, I hope. I guess it just seems like a messier act than what I see on the TeeVee. I’m starting to think I might just be alone. Maybe people merely fling used condoms onto the wall above, use an old sock or just let things goo.

4. I SO didn’t want to read this post.

Some things I just don’t want to think about. Really.

5. What the hell? What makes you think I was referring to anything personal? You’re very weird, my man. Very very weird.

6. Don’t run off to the bathroom and clean up. Just hold me.

No, nevermind. It’s messy. Run.

7. And have you ever noticed that when the movie/TV people wake up in the morning, they are always wearing underwear/bras/PJs?

8. I hate movie people. Them bitches are always making me look bad.

9. “And have you ever noticed that when the movie/TV people wake up in the morning, they are always wearing underwear/bras/PJs?”

10. “Or, they’re in bed naked, alone, and they stand up with the sheet around their body.”
    I do that because I get really hot for myself when I’m naked.

11. > I do that because I get really hot for myself when I’m naked.

Except, apparently, when you spot a cockroach in your bra drawer. ;-)

12. laughing my ass off (I wish this really were possible- I’d be a fine hot mama)

movies and TV ain’t real – that’s the problem

13. Your jock itch never crossed my mind. I’ve also wondered about how fastidiously tidy simulated sexual congress is on TV, and I think it would be refreshing (if that’s the word) to see some sort of acknowledgement of all the messy details.

14. Technically, the pee thing is recomended to avoid UTI’s. Trust me it’s worth it!!
    Although a little difficult just post, or is that just me?

15. sian, that’s what I meant. I’m not sure where “yeast infection” came from. hmmmm
    charlie, that’s what I was trying to say. Only I babbled instead of just saying it.