12:08 a.m.

We just launched another week over at SPD. I think I might be driving Toby Joe a little nuts with it. Right now, he’s laying on his side on the couch next to me wearing every article of clothing he had on this morning when he left for work. (Oh boy, do I love him.)

Toby Joe’s been really busy lately. And the (albeit small) time change that took place a few weeks ago has sort of confused all of us. Before you know it it’s 9 p.m. and you’re eating dinner and then getting ready for bed. Over the years, I have read numerous reasons behind why we have daylight saving time, but I have decided it was created for kids with summer vacations. Daylight saving time meant more time for catching lightning bugs and playing Kick the Can. (My goodness, were those ever good times.) It was either that, or it was by the man in order to keep the man working, man.

I’m rambling because it’s late, it’s quiet, and I don’t want to go to bed just yet.

(P.S. I hear I am to appear as Elvis tomorrow. Must. Do. This.)

1. i’m up late too.

2. oh yeah, Owen is six today!!

3. hey!! yay!!!

Happy Birthday Sweet Owen!

4. I’m sittig next to a pile of presents. The stinker is so spoiled. I’ll send pics of him in his Harry Potter quidditch goggles and his darth vader mask (with voice changing amplifier).

5. I love doing SPD every week. I was just really tired last night… too much thinking, too much worrying…

6. So I had this idea today with a little help from my friend, danny. It’s something I have been thinking about, and when he suggested it, I decided it might be the thing to do. I think I want to give a lifetime to SPD. I’m not sure when it will end yet, but I want to make it known to all those who go there, visit, whatever, that it will only exist for X amount of time. It just feels right.
    Ideas? Thoughts? Anything?

7. By lifetime, I mean a definitive end. :] Sorry.

8. We have decided to stop taking submissions at 546 people. We have that many members, but most of them haven’t filled out the information correctly, so there is still much room. :] I think it will work out best this way.

9. 546 seems so random. I’d be more comfortable w/ a round type number like 750 or 1,000.

But then I’m laying around eatin’ bonbons while you and the Toby are workin’ on it every week.

10. Of course what I really mean to say is that SPD is awesome and I want it to go on as long as you can stand to do it…

11. I LOVE kick the can. My friends and I used to play it on Friday nights, the summer after I was in grade 11. (I was pretty cool, huh? playing KTC on friday nights). Then we would go home and watch Baywatch at 11pm when it had finally become dark outside.

12. Oh, let me explain something. We’re never bombarded by SPD at all. It barely takes any time at all. really. What I have noticed is that while we’re getting blasted by hits, the folks on the site may or may not be. (I have received mixed reviews. Some get more than others, that’s to be expected, however given the amount of traffic we get, I would have thought our submitters would have received more.) I guess what I’m wondering is whether or not we need to reevaluate its mission.

13. Kick the can was an all time favorite of mine. We played it at night with flashlights in the woods with a campfire. Good times.