Last week (Saturday morning to be exact), we moved into a new one bedroom apartment in Greenpoint/Williamsburg. We love the place. It’s pretty big. There’s a lot of light (except for that middle room, but nothing a few candles can’t cure). There’s a laundry machine (but no dryer). There’s a view of Manhattan and it’s near everything we know.
Our stuff hasn’t arrived in Brooklyn yet. (Which reminds me, I have to call and see where our stuff is.) In the meantime, here is every item we have in our apartment right now.
- 1). One air matress.
- 2). One desktop computer. (For DVD rentals, yo. This has been a blessing.)
- 3). One green plastic bin.
- 4). One flat screen 17 inch Apple monitor.
- 5). Two pillows.
- 6). Two blankets.
- 7). Three sheets.
- 8). Two very red and very cheap towels. (We bought them at Dee and Dee and they leave hundreds of little red blobs all over you when you dry off. I have washed them twice, line dried them twice, and they still leave hundreds of red blobs on you. One day, Toby was at work, peeing. When he first looked down at his penis, there was what appeared to be a big red sore. Panicked, and ready to kill me for stepping out of the marriage, he touched it. And it fell to the floor like a feather on wind. The red blobs follow us everywhere.)
- 9). One cast iron frying pan.
- 10). One pot.
- 11). Four cheap plastic plates.
- 12). Two cheap plastic cups.
- 13). One TV stand taken in from the street.
- 14). Two laptops (did I say that already?)
- 15). Clothing and some toiletries.
- 16). One partial portfolio.
- 17). A few cameras and some camera junk.
- 18). Some food.
- 19). One wrapped present for Toby Joe.
And that really is it. No rugs or chairs or tv sets. (HOW DO YOU PEOPLE LIVE WITHOUT TELEVISION?!!! I’m still trying to picture a world without digital cable. And that terrifies me, but NOT having a TV altogether? Are you insane?)
If our stuff doesn’t arrive soon, feel free to send us the things you have rested your ass on this week.