Sarah B. wrote about the fact that she’s rereading a book she read when she was in her teens. At the time, it changed her life. While she hasn’t mentioned which book, it has me thinking about the books that affect me (before the age of 18).
BOOKS THAT CHANGED ME:
- The Stranger by Albert Camus
- Several of Flannery O’Connor’s short stories.
- Then Again, Maybe I Won’t (heh) By Judy Blume
- Horton Hears a Who! by Dr. Seuss.
- The Butter Battle Book by Dr. Seuss
- A Reckoning by May Sarton
BOOKS THAT DID NOT BUT I WAS TOLD WOULD:
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- Demien by Herman Hesse
That’s off the top of my head. I am sure there are more. (Should I be worried that two Dr. Seuss books came to mind immediately?)