Cupcake! WOW!

April 24th, 2009

I’ve been baking cupcakes for Monday’s Mom It Down. I’m learning stuff, perfecting stuff by simplifying it as much as I can. In doing so, I have had quite a few cupcakes around lately. This is what happens when Emory realizes there are cupcakes in the house.

And we’re not sure where this technique originated, my guess is at school. But it’s awesome. He pretend eats stuff and then uses his hands to show it moving down into his belly.

Last, but not least, today is not only Pony Day at school, but costume day as well. Look at mommy’s little Chelsea soccer player!

em_soccer

Happy Friday, my friends.

Tags: ,

17 Comments on “Cupcake! WOW!”

1. Julie said at 9:11 am on April 24th, 2009:

His reaction to cupcakes is equivalent to my reaction to cupcakes when I’m PMSing.

2. mihow said at 9:15 am on April 24th, 2009:

Cupcakes could end wars.

3. wendyr said at 10:11 am on April 24th, 2009:

Must remember to make more cupcakes. Look at the happiness?!?!

Love Em in his little Chelsea outfit (don’t tell my Chelsea-hating, Arsenal supporting English husband though…).

4. mihow said at 10:15 am on April 24th, 2009:

Actually, Wendy, we were looking for Arsenal gear. It’s impossible to find (short notice) here. So a friend of mine donated this to me for the day. We are actually Arsenal fans. :] So, you can tell your hubby maybe he’s going undercover?

I just wanted him to go as a soccer player! I realize that some folks in England and beyond might kick my ass for that. I guess it’d be like a Boston fan settling for a Yankees uniform just because they couldn’t find Boston gear. THAT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

We are Arsenal fans, although, I really was bummed when Thierry Henry left for Barcelona. I loved watching him play with Arsenal.

5. Michele Chaves said at 11:15 am on April 24th, 2009:

Love those videos. Cupcakes could solve a lot of problems. I proclaim today cupcake day. Everyone needs to eat a cupcake today. Annie will be very happy to hear this.

6. Sarah S said at 11:22 am on April 24th, 2009:

OMG! He is sooo cute. I love his eating re-enactment when he sees the photo of cupcakes. Priceless!!

7. Gillian said at 11:44 am on April 24th, 2009:

I’m inspired. Cupcakes for dinner it is. Could your child be any happier? Cuter? Sweeter?

*noticed the book in your pic – we also have Moo Baa La La La. Jack loves it. He reads it to us – La La La La is pretty much how the whole book goes.

8. Somer said at 12:06 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Your child is just so cute.

9. Angela said at 12:33 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Cutest kid ever. (I’m going to pace around my house this afternoon screaming “Cupcake!” to anyone who’ll listen.)

10. houpley said at 1:50 pm on April 24th, 2009:

adorable! cupcakes are a big hit in our house too.
    i wanted to ask you about emory’s shoes. we are having trouble right now finding a good pair that he can easily manage. he is a 7 1/2. but those look promising. not too bulky. do you like them?

11. Mary@Holy Mackerel said at 4:00 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Mmm, cupcakes!! I haven’t made those in eons. Maybe this is THE weekend. Of course, in our house, they won’t last past the first hour…

12. jonathan said at 5:15 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Should you need an (un)official cupcake taste tester for this series, you should feel free to let me know!

13. mihow said at 5:22 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Everyone: Thanks for saying Em’s cute. It never gets old and I do appreciate hearing it.

Michele: I love the idea of turning today into CUPCAKE DAY! Yay for cupcakes!

Jon: Seriously? I was begging people to take them from me today in the park! Granted, they are all moms who probably don’t like to stuff themselves full of cupcakes just because I say so.

I wish I had run into you! I literally carried 7 around today trying to find homes for them.

14. Jonathan said at 5:47 pm on April 24th, 2009:

Michele-

Noooooo!!!!!!

Next time, txt or twitter me. If I’m in brooklyn, I’ll take them. If I’m not in brooklyn, I’ll make ‘arrangements’.

15. wendyr said at 3:09 pm on April 25th, 2009:

Oh, good to hear you are Arsenal fans! The husband calls them his boyhood team, but he was actually born a stone’s throw from Chelsea football ground and grew up in Leicester. He says he just likes the way Arsenal play.

And yes, I too was so disappointed by Henry leaving. He was just wonderful.

16. Rion said at 5:47 pm on April 27th, 2009:

Michele! Come be our London neighbors… we’re maybe a 40 minute stroll away from Emirates Stadium. And Dante would have fun with a cupcake-loving playmate. ;)

17. Mihow said at 6:39 pm on April 27th, 2009:

Rion, I wish! I love London. Would move there in a second if I could.