Toby’s Birthday Cake

December 12th, 2013

Toby turned 36 yesterday. I asked him what type of cake he wanted and his only requests were: chocolate and that the boys decorate it. This wasn’t nearly as difficult for me to agree to as one might image. Y’all know how much I love decorating cakes! But not this time. This time, I sat them down in front of a piece of cake, gave them a bunch of decorations from my stash and let them go nuts.

This is what we ended up with:

1456494_562490693831147_851579870_n

Elliot was a lot more reserved with his cake, which didn’t surprise me at all. Emory, on the other hand, he turned his into a New Year’s cake, or possibly something that Liberace might create. I was impressed! Anyway, it was a lot of fun and I do believe this will become a tradition for many years to come.

No tags for this post.

9 Comments on “Toby’s Birthday Cake”

1. eep said at 10:07 am on December 12th, 2013:

This is absolutely brilliant. Except the bananas. Bananas are gross. But everything else is brilliant.

2. mihow said at 10:11 am on December 12th, 2013:

hahah! We picked them off. I admit. No one ate the bananas. :]

3. mihow said at 10:14 am on December 12th, 2013:

But I do love bananas!

4. Kizz said at 11:09 am on December 12th, 2013:

I have to agree with eep about the bananas but the tradition is fantastic! Love the idea and love the results.

5. Hi, I'm Natalie. said at 12:13 pm on December 12th, 2013:

LOVE.

6. mihow said at 1:16 pm on December 12th, 2013:

Kizz! You’re a runner and you DON’T EAT BANANAS???? ::falls down::

7. eep said at 1:10 pm on December 13th, 2013:

I am also a runner and I think bananas are quite possibly the devil’s naughty bits. Gross disgusting foul slimy yucky naughty bits. I wish I liked bananas, as it would make races and running nicer. Also, it shows the level of love I bear my children that I am willing to handle this abomination regularly.

8. mihow said at 1:12 pm on December 13th, 2013:

You guys are hilarious. I can’t say I have ever been in the company of TWO people who are so opposed to bananas! Very endearing.

9. Krissa said at 1:54 pm on December 17th, 2013:

I also hate bananas! I find it weird bordering on uncomfortable to eat them (SO PHALLIC, I know that’s weird but I can’t help it) so I will only eat them mashed with some oats on top.