I Have No Shame.

May 16th, 2012

You know how some bloggers only post attractive pictures of themselves? NOT THIS BLOGGER!

Check this out:

OK! So I had to buy this for a few reasons:

One: The socks.

Two: Age 2.

Three: The bags under my eyes are growing increasingly more envious of my double-chin. I just needed proof. I have it now.

Four: It appears I’m molesting my left nipple.

Five: My KT Tape is showing. (Proof I should not have “run” on Sunday. Run is in quotes because I hobbled through this race. It was a 4-mile race. Four miles is pretty easy for me these days. I welcome a 4-mile run. But I’d run a pretty decent 10K the day before so my legs were screaming. I needed to recover. Also: I got my period on Saturday morning.)

Six: It looks like I might be having an allergic reaction to shellfish.

Seven: I look like The Joker.

Eight: I apparently have gills.

Overall this image is a whole lotta unawesome, which makes it thoroughly more awesome. So I had to buy it and share it.

Tags:

10 Comments on “I Have No Shame.”

1. mj said at 8:55 pm on May 16th, 2012:

I’m sorry, but that’s frickin hilarious. I am literally LOL. A framer, for sure!

2. Mere said at 9:18 pm on May 16th, 2012:

The nipple remark made me snort! Thank you for the laugh. At your expense!

3. DeeDee V. said at 9:26 pm on May 16th, 2012:

#4 – spit take. Awesome.

4. Christen said at 9:42 pm on May 16th, 2012:

Best race photo EVER. I love that you shared it with us!

But really, I LOVE the socks!

5. Diedre said at 10:03 pm on May 16th, 2012:

Thanks for sharing. Usually when my eye bags compete with my double chin I delete that photo before anyone can get to the camera.

6. Zoot said at 8:31 am on May 17th, 2012:

Okay. Your photo is awesome b/c it lacks all the things my photos always have that keeps me from buying them:

1) Unflattering sweat patterns. Either you don’t sweat or you have found clothes that don’t show it! I WANT THOSE CLOTHES!

2) Boobs on the down swing. I hope this isn’t too personal but your boobs look GREAT. Mine always are swinging DOWN and are therefore by my belly.

3) Nips. I need more padding in my sports bras b/c mine always show in race photos.

GREAT SOCKS!

7. mihow said at 8:39 am on May 17th, 2012:

Ha! Oh, zoot. You should see the pictures from the race the day before. Talk about nips! It’s too bad too, because otherwise, it’s a better shot. But I’d have to photoshop out the nips.

The best part about the socks aren’t even in full view. There’s a skull and crossbones on the back. :)

8. StateofKate said at 9:30 am on May 17th, 2012:

You are awesome for posting this. And buying it! Gah–I DETEST my race pictures.
    What you do have going for you here–which I *never* do–are fantastic, enviable legs. Like, no jiggle/muscle movement showing whatsoever. Mine always look like poorly-elasticized tubes of cottage cheese.

9. Michele Chaves said at 2:24 pm on May 18th, 2012:

I think you look totally awesome. I won’t comment on the socks, though.

10. JennJ said at 2:31 am on May 24th, 2012:

I love this post! I always used to burst out laughing at my NYRR race photos too (recently saw this image elsewhere, so true, so true: http://bendoeslife.tumblr.com/post/19080712603/volume-2-volume-1), to the point where our wedding photographer wanted to take shots of my husband and I running, and I thought to myself, “okay, I’ve seen enough race pics to know how these are going to turn out.”